Specialized in taking care of all your needs in the field of transport
More than 25 years of experience in freight transport makes Poels-Janssen Logistics B.V. a very reliable partner in the transport world.
Our warehouse and head office are located in Horst (North Limburg). At this location, planning of transports, logistic administration as well as finance administration are managed.
Every day more than 60 qualified drivers are on the road for us. Poels-Janssen Logistics B.V. works with competent and committed drivers to carry out your transport quickly, correctly and safely. Flexibility and service are our priority. The customer and their needs are always at the centre of our attention.
Thanks to our very diverse fleet of vehicles we can handle any transport order; from part or full loads on pallets or the transport of dangerous goods.
Through years of experience, Poels-Janssen Logistics B.V. has developed a great deal of expertise as a transport company in the Benelux, Germany, Austria, Switzerland and the Czech Republic.
Mission and vision
Our mission: To take care of all our customers’ needs in the field of transport.
We achieve this objective primarily through quality and customer-oriented service, flexibility and short lines of communication. We are available 24/7 for our customers, coordinate wishes and possibilities, arrange their transports, and take care of these both nationally and internationally.
The common drive at the Poels-Janssen team is: Passion for logistics
The team of 10 transport planners is managed by director/owner René Poels. Daily they take care of the contacts with our customers, transport services and/or planning of trips for our trucks including managing our drivers.
Our qualified drivers have completed all the required training courses and are retrained every 5 years (code 95).
Our transport planners have built up a great deal of experience and expertise in international road transport and speak Dutch, German and English.
Do you have questions for our team about our logistics services?
Our employees are always at your service.
Poels-Janssen Logistics was founded in 1995 and started importing and exporting asparagus.
- In 1995, founder René Poels starts together with his partner in Meerlo with 2 trucks. The (regular) customers are mainly from the agricultural sector.
- One year after its founding, the fleet of trucks grows to 7 trucks with trailers. At our location in Meerlo, a storage and transshipment warehouse was built to be able to manage the goods of our growing number of customers. More and more transports are also being carried out for German customers.
- At the beginning of 1999, the fleet consists of 13 trucks with trailers. The activities are becoming more diverse and the fleet is steadily expanding. The customer base is growing and Poels-Janssen also maintains more and more direct contact with its customers in order to be able to respond quickly to their wishes. In addition to the existing goods transport, Poels-Janssen also starts with the refrigerated transport of conditioned products.
- In 2002, Smits Transport in Horst was taken over. Poels-Janssen Logistics B.V. establishes itself at this new (and current) location in Horst. As a result of this takeover, the vehicle fleet grows by dozens of vehicles. A larger storage and transhipment capacity also becomes available at this location.
- The takeover of Schers Transporten from Beringe follows in September 2017. This gives the company access to a number of insulated tautliners that will be used to transport various loads of mushroom cultures on a daily basis. In the same year, the company’s own workshop is further modernised and professionalised.
- At the beginning of 2018, the construction of a new warehouse contributes to the addition of 2,500 m2 of warehouse capacity for our services. The remaining part of the site on Herenbosweg is also fully paved.
- Currently, more than 60 truck combinations drive through Europe every day, managed by Poels-Janssen Logistics B.V.
- In 2022, the new storage warehouse in the industrial area in Horst was opened.